Review: Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please 025

Hello camera lens!



I was searching through my folder, finding photos and only this product was taken with my new camera! I promised that I would post up something new on the 13th (Friday the 13th! Eek) so here it is.

What is it?
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please 025. Sadly, this has been discontinued but It's easily available online as I purchased this on eBay.

Why You'll Love It (taken from the Maybelline website):
Fall in love with color, all over again:
-Crisper color from pure pigments
-Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
-Lipcolor so rich, so stunning… it’s sensational
44 Captivating Shades

For Best Results (taken from the Maybelline website)
Apply your lipstick by starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Repeat the technique on your lower lip.

My results:
To be honest, I never really follow intructions on a product unless you really have to to achieve optimum results (like the DHC deep cleansing oil). I apply it by smoothly following the shape of my lips, from left to right on each lip. I was intrigued and fascinated with the idea of pink lipstick when I saw Wang Ji Hye wear it in the drama "Personal Taste". I thought it was a more natural approach to thered I always see being worn. The colour is a very lovely toned-down, matte light pink.

In the below picture, I applied the lip colour without lip balm to show you how moisturising/drying it is. This lipstick DOES fall into fine lines on the lips, but that was be easily overcomed by using a rich lip balm like Burt's Bee's Promegranate Oil Lipbalm. In my experience, lighter lipsticks wash out light skinned people unless it has some mauve undertone. Pink Please obviously is on the cooler side and would look better on darker skin. This lipstick would last a maximum of 3 hours with eating and drinking.

This lipstick is presented in a beautifully packaged dark pink/red plastic cap. You're then welcomed by reflective metal inside the tube, which encases the actual product itself. I have had no problem with the packaging as it can smoothly run up and down, allowing the user to achieve maximum usage.
I blurred the surrounding areas to allow you to focus on the lipcolour instead. (Taken in bathroom light)


This product overall would receive a 3.5 out of 5. I purchased this lipstick on eBay for $7.00.


P.S: Apparently one of their pink lipsticks in this range has the highest amount of lead tested in a study, I will have to find the link! But luckily its not Pink Please.