Review: Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Light


Hello~
Today I'll be doing another Laneige review - The Laniege Skin Refiner Light!
.





The toner/lotion (Asian brands tend to call their toners: lotions)

Searching for the perfect toner is a chore, especially if your skin is sensitive to every. single. product. (Well 95%) Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Light is part of their Basic Care range.  Their “light” products are suited for people with combination/oily skin.

What is it? (Taken from the Laneige website)
Refreshing skin refiner with purifying and softening effect for clear skin.
- Eliminates impurities in the pores, and removes keratin for clear and transparent skin.
- Bio Dusali, extracted from fermented seaweed with strong energy of life, supplies energy to the skin and promotes keratin turnover, while the Hyacinth extracts purify the skin from heavy metal, smog, and other harmful materials to leave the skin moist and transparent.
- Niacinamide helps for brightened skin tone with keratin care. Cotton extracts prevents skin damage to refine oily and dull skin for clear and healthy skin

It contains Mineral water to allow optimum moisture reabsorption. 


Packaging:
For toners, I prefer a see-though bottle so I can see how many product I have left. Maybe it’s just me, but I love novelty packaging. Before, Laneige used to use glass for their toners, which lots of people objected but they have now changed to a hard plastic, so you won't have to worry about dropping it! I have to admit, Laneige has some of the best and convenient packagings.

Price: The price ranges from $22 to $28. I bought this for around $27 from a Korean eBay seller. Always make sure that the seller states that it is genuine, there are a lot of counterfeit beauty products, especially for Skin79 BB creams.

How to use:
I usually apply 2 drops of the lotion to a cotton pad. This would be enough for your entire face. There are 200mls in the product.


Review:
Laneige is one of the most popular Asian brands. Being an Asian brand fanatic, I just had to buy some of their products (I own their water sleeping pack and multi-cleanser along with the toner). Seeing numerous positive reviews, I have urged myself to try it  One thing I have to say is that Laneige is definitely not for you if you have acne-prone skin. It is perfect for people who have normal skin because they focus more on hydration and whitening. Intially, I wanted to purchase their Acne line, but they discontinued it. I bought this product around one year ago and I’ve been using it on and off. The intial uses were great, I had no breakouts and I felt like my skin was plumper and radiant. So I was disappointed when I started breaking out after a while.   Laneige are just one of the brands that do not work for me.

Note: In Asian skincare, the steps go like this (There is around 18 steps!, but I've summarised it)
Cleanse, double cleanse, toner/lotion, serum, essence, moisturizer, eyecream.
I give this product 3/5. It just didn’t work for me, but it might work for you.
(A/N: I did not double check this, because I'm multitasking like crazy. Who else is an Inspirit here? DID YOU SEE INFINITE'S COMEBACK?! YOUTUBE : THE CHASER.)
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!~~

Rating:
♡♡

Get a discount off Laneige at:
w2beauty.com 
Use my sponsor code: 04161007 and get $5 off on a minimum order of $30!

How do I apply my BB cream?

I've made a separate tutorial on how to apply BB cream, with tips and trick! Click here
Makeup looks:

Miss A's Suzy's Makeup Tutorial 
T-ara's Jiyeon's Eye Makeup 

More Laneige Reviews:
Water Sleeping Pack
Laneige Multi Cleanser