Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Review + Swatches: NIVEA Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Plus Tinted Day Cream

 Hello~
Today I'll be doing a Nivea review~ The Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10 Plus Tinted Day Cream

 One thing I can't stand, is how horrible makeup looks when done incorrectly. Whether you've applied too much, or haven't done enough blending, it ages you. If you have young skin, never wear foundation daily because you have to let your skin breath. That's why I have always recommended either a tinted moisturizer or bb cream to my friends.




What is it?
NIVEA Visage Anti-Wrinkle Q10Plus Tinted Day Cream is a tinted moisturizer. It contains SPF 15 to prevent the skin from any further sun damage.

Now, what is Coenzyme q10, and why is it beneficial for our skin?
To begin, you need to know that each and every body naturally makes q10. The older you get, the less q10 your body makes. Q10 is vital for the proper functioning of our cells, and can help prevent wrinkles. Usually, Coenzyme q10 can be taken as a supplement for people with heart problems, high blood pressure and gum diseases.

How well does it cover redness?
Please do not expect this product to cover any acne or dark pigmentation spots as this does not have great coverage. It is sheer enough to lightly even out the skin, leaving a luminous glow. (It does not dry matte, like most tinted moisturizers)
In the first picture, I have drawn red dots to compare it's coverage power. Half a pea size amount has been stippled onto the red dots in the second picture.


The packaging:
I love products with a squeeze tube, it allows you to appropriately control how much product you want.

The product:
I'm glad I've been given a chance to sample this before. I received a 7ml sample and it lasted me a full 4 uses! The NIVEA Q10 Tinted Day Cream with SPF 15 does not break me out, or give me inevitable shine. I have quite light skin (according to my friends) and it is perfect for me. Remember, this tinted cream adjusts to your skintone.

Notes:
Always wear a moisturizer before applying makeup. Even though it is a tinted moisturizer, it does not hydrate the skin (on its own) as well as a normal moisturizer.

Pros:
  • Does not break me out
  • Dries to a natural finish
  • Sheer coverage, so perfect for achieving a natural look
  • Perfect for school, as it melts quickly into the skin
 Cons:
  • Expensive for a 50ml product. The RRP is around $18, but luckily I purchased this for $12.
  • Needs a lot of blending. If not blended properly, it dries to a dark colour.
  • SPF 15 is too low for daily use, so make sure to apply sunscreen underneath it!
                     I rate this product a 4/5! Changes can definitely be made to make this product a holy grail. 




YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.