Review: Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner

.

Hello~
Today I'll be doing a Maybelline review! The Maybelline Gel Eyeliner~~

There are two shades in the Australian Maybelline Gel Eyeliner range, Black and Brown. I will be reviewing this in Blackest Black! Hopefully they will come up with more shades for Australians because I know they have 2 other shades(Charcoal and Eggplant) according to the American website.
The Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner comes with a handy tapered brush. I find the brush very sturdy, perfect for precision lining.


Left to right: Maybelline Gel Liner, Rimmel London Kohl Pencil Eyeliner and Model Co Black      Pencil Liner

The Maybelline Gel Eyeliner is incredibly dark and pigmented.


 After vigorous rubbing, the eyeliner is still prominent


  After washing under running water.
                                          
                                                

Price: 

Normal price is $16, but you can easily find it on sale in Priceline, Kmart and Big W. You can also buy it on eBay for a price of GBP 8.99

Packaging: 

 The product is encased by sturdy glass with a black, plastic screw cap.

Review:

This has got to be my favourite eyeliners. I have oily lids which easily fades away any trace of eyeliner during the day, so I was esctatic when I found that this eyeliner stas incredibly well. The Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is extremely pigmented, compared to many eyeliners I've tried (See photo above for reference). I can vouch for the claim that this is waterproof, as it is very hard to get off with solely water, but easy for people equiped with makeup remover. Another plus is the gel brush included along with the product. The tip is tapered, sturdy and perfect for creating a thin line all the way to a cat eye.

The Good:

  • Intense colour. The eyeliner is incredibly pigmented.
  • Does not rub off easily
  • Perfect for oily lids (like me)
  • Water proof. I introduced this to my friend and she wore it straight after buying it. She came running to me when she complained that it wouldn't come off. Turns out she DOESN'T have any makeup remover and she tried using water. This truly depicts it's staying power.
  • The brush is one of my favourites.

The Bad:

  • Hard to remove with solely water. (Read story above)
  • Glass packaging. Even though I prefer it like that, I found that I had to be extremely careful when taking this on long trips. 
 I can gladly reward the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner with a close to perfect 4.9/5!