Friday, 28 December 2012

Boxing Day: Lunch at Umi Kaiten Zushi

1/477 Pitt Street, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
 

Hello readers~
I hope everyone is having fun with their families and friends these holidays. I decided to go out to the city with my parents to enjoy some well deserved sushi after a gruelling year of school.

Umi is one of my favourite sushi spots as it holds a dear place in my heart. I've been going ever since it was built there with my family.
 



The water definitely needs to be changed, not just because the interior should be aesthetically pleasing for appetites but for the well being of the fish being housed here.  

You can see the decorations they have specially placed for Christmas.

 Most things are self serve at Umi Kaiten Zushi, minus the tea and pickled ginger. You'll have to ask one of the workers there for refills.


If none of the available sushi is of your liking, you can choose to order one! You can also order udon, seafood and an assortment of desserts.


 The chairs are heavy, but the workers there will help push the chair in for you once you're accustomed to your seat. There is also a small compartment space in the chair for you to place your belongings in.

Soy sauce bottles! So adorable.


The chefs make all the sushi in front of the customers so you can see how they make it, or better yet, get your pick on the freshest made.


A $5.50 (white plate) sushi. Flame torched sashimi on top of a tuna sushi with a dollop of Japanese mayonnaise.
 $3.50 - Pork, avocado and cucumber sushi with sweet chilli/Japanese mayonnaise on the side.

 Matcha! My favourite kind of tea

 One of my better shots before the scrutinizing stares of patrons started to accumulate.

 Red bean mochi. Sickening sweet and took up most of my appetite, though I can only blame myself for eating it in the beginning.



Wagyu beef sushi. I picked this up on the false pretense that this was fully cooked since I hardly eat raw foods. However, this is definitely something you have to try. The smoky flavour of the beef is mouth watering.
This is the reason why I decided to nag my parents to bring me out to the city. I have no idea what it is called, but it contains an assortment of octopus doused in white sauce on a bed of rice.

All together, for 3 people to eat, the total rounded to around $68.50.

 If you want to try Umi Kaiten Zushi, it's near Parker St. Their exact address is
  1/477 Pitt Street  Haymarket NSW 2000.

 The restaurant is right behind the 'Food Court Retail Arcade' sign.


Umi Kaiten Zushi is next to Capitol Square. There is a Japanese arcade at the top, hence the sticker booths. I encourage you to visit it.
The building is right next to Captiol theatre.

Until next time, annyeong!~


YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.