Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Glow in Baby Pink



 Hello readers~
Today I'll be reviewing the ever famous Maybelline Baby Lips Glow in Baby Pink!


What is it? (Taken from the Maybelline AUS website)

No more basic lipbalm.
Now lips glow with a healthy blush that's true to you.
Shed away rough dryness for supple, smooth and cushioned lips all day long.
 
Why You'll Love It
NEW Baby Lips Pink Glow is a colour fusion lip balm: 
● Color enhancing balm that reacts to the unique chemistry of your lips, to give your lips a natural, pink glow
● Protects and moisturises lips for a full 8 hours
● Lips are more moisturised, smoother, more supple and firmer in just 4 weeks.
For Best Results
Apply as often as needed to achieve nourished lips with a pink glow unique to you.

Compare and contrast. The only thing I would have loved Glow to have is SPF.




The Maybelline Baby lips is one of the most popular drugstore lip balms in the blogosphere.
Numerous bloggers have raved about this lip balm so I’ve decided to try it for myself and see what the hype was about. I’ll be reviewing the new Baby Lips Glow in Baby Pink (Mixed Berry) which is a variant of the Baby Lips range.

Glow is patented with a colour changing property that tints the lips when applied. Depending on how much you’ve applied, the colour will be lighter or darker. 

Maybelline Glow is packaged in a small plastic pink and grey tube. The product itself is light pink with a jelly-like texture. 



Each Baby Lips have a certain scents and I bought ‘berry blast’. It smells extremely inviting and not at all heavy or dominating. It reminds me of a raspberry yogurt smoothie, yum! The scent later dissipates after initial application.



For a product that costs $3, I was not expecting much and it did not exceed my expectations in terms of moisturization.


Lip balms are one of my favourite skincare products and I collect them in bulk. I’ve tried Burt’s Bees, Blistex, Carmex, Nivea, Lucas Pawpaw, Vaseline, Mentholatem and many more. Burt’s bees pomegranate lip balm was by far my personal favourite tinted lip balm until now.

The colour 'Baby Pink' delivers not alike the name. With 3 swipes, the colour is a true pink. I've received comments about my lips when I wore it for the first time, with many others asking me what product it was. It is a lovely rosey blush colour which is appropriate for all occassions!

The moisturization properties is however mediocre and only lasts for a very short time (around 40 minutes). Even though the moisturization is gone, the colour is still pigmented on the lips. That's why I apply a different lipbalm as a base and the Maybelline Glow for added colour.

Either way, this product is a must try! Add me to the list of happy bloggers.

Rating:

♡♡♡♡ and a half

Until next time, annyeong~
YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.