Saturday, 5 January 2013

Review: Biore Steam Activated Cleanser with SteamActiv Beads

Hello readers~
I think I'm doing pretty well with updating frequently don't you think? I have a few tutorials planned so please anticipate that! Today I will be reviewing the Biore Steam Activated Cleanser with SteamActiv Beads, one of my favourite cleansers.

What is it? (Taken from the Biore Au website)

A steamy clean for your skincare routine! Specially formulated to harness the pore-opening power of steam from your shower to penetrate deeply into pores locking onto dirt oil & makeup then washing it away - leaving skin feeling fresh and clean all day. With an infusion of Green Tea, Aloe Vera & Mint, it turns a ho-hum shower into an invigorating sensorial experience!

Please be aware that they have changed almost all their Biore packaging and I am reviewing their old one. Their new packaging looks like this:


It does not include a pump but rather, it's in a squeezy tube.


 The Biore Steam Activated Cleanser includes little SteamActiv beads that work with steam to give your face a more brilliant and controlled clean. I find that is works with and without steam. I usually use it in the shower but sometimes I use in the morning for a great perk me up. The cleanser is infused with mint which gives you a refreshed and cooling feeling which is great for summer. The effects last for quite a while, making me feel awake whenever I am tired or fatigued. Green tea, which is also an ingredient in the cleanser, is one of my favourite skincare wonders. I love using it as a toner or a drink in whatever weather.



The cleanser itself is a tinted green which matches the bottle design! 




The pump is easy to use and you only need a small pea size for your skin to lather up. The Biore Steam Activated cleanser lathers up extremely well and quickly.

 I accidentally pumped a bit too much product for this demo but it's okay. It won't lather as well if you don't put more water.


As you can see, the beads actually burst quite quickly, before it even lathers.
The makeup removing properties in the Biore Steam Activated cleanser is phenomenal. I find that It removes all of my makeup as I do not have to cleanse my skin again with the Bioderma Cleansing water.

Pros:
  • Affordable! I purchased mine at Big W for around $7
  • The smell is inviting. It smells slightly like a sweet green tea.
  • The cooling properties. It wakes up up instantly and it also gives me clean skin. Perfect for use before school if I'm feeling groggy in the morning.
  • Removes my makeup quickly. It removes eyeshadow, eyeliner, BB cream, blush etc.
  • Cleanses your skin without the 'squeaky tight' feeling which means your skin is striped of all its' moisture.
  • The Biore Steam Activated cleanser has now been appointed one of my favourite cleansers, behind my Bird's Nest one (which I cannot find anywhere anymore. My auntie actually left it for me when she stayed at our house)
Cons:
  • I actually purchased this product because I was sent a sample from Biore. The 7ml sample lasted me a very long time and I loved how it made my skin feel. However, it broke me out intially. With more use, my skin adjusted to the product and now I don't anymore.
Rating:
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
5

Until next time, annyeong~
If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments down below.

YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.