Review: Garnier Youthful Radiance Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On Concealer in Light


This Garnier Roll-On concealer is extremely popular, available worldwide and released in Australia about a few years back. I've had this product for a while now making me wonder why it took me so long to decide to write a review post on this. To make this review helpful, I will be as objective as I can because I believe that you will either love or dislike this product depending on what you're looking for. My opinion? I do like using this product but I will not be repurchasing.


What is it? (taken from Garnier AU)
Garnier Youthful Radiance Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On is an innovative and immediate solution for dark circles, designed to instantly conceal and treat for a refreshing anti-fatigue action and instant dark-circles coverage.

Garnier Youthful Radiance Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On combines a hydrating formulation enriched with stimulating caffeine and clarifying lemon essence with a concentrated mineral pigments concealer to ensure coverage of dark-circles. Together with an ultra refreshing massaging roller-ball, which cools and refreshes the eye contour area, Youthful Radiance Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On provides a complete solution for dark-circles and tired eyes. 





Available in 2 shades:
Fair to Medium
Medium to Dark

(Now I'm not sure about the shades because I think each country has a different shade range. I remember purchasing mine in "Light" and I also have one in "Medium"

The promised results:
Visible effectiveness:
    • Immediately, dark-circles are concealed.
    • The intensity and visibility of dark-circles is reduced
    • The eye contour is more radiant, hydrated and smoother.
Packaging:
The roll-on concealer is sleek and small with a curved design to allow your hands for easy grip. The design enables the individual maximum control. Because the ball is round, it can easily reach the corners of your eyes for easy application. I have yet to experience a fault in the roller ball, if it is possible at all.
The only complaint I have about the packaging is that the product easily overflows, leaving excess product on the head and lid, making it very dirty. I do recommend you to leave the concealer roll-on standing upright to minimise any product leakage. But even though it very easily overflows out the roller ball, it has never escaped the white lid. The white screw-on lid is very secure.

Apologies for the focus in this picture


Colour/Coverage:
The shade I have is in Light and it easily fits my NC20-25 skin (leaning towards NC20).  I have a neutral skin tone, but this warmer concealer does a great job at balancing the colour out.
With that in mind, this is not a heavy duty concealer at all. The coverage is around light-medium but it is definitely buildable to lean more towards medium. Though I do not recommend that because it tends to crease slightly.



Texture:
Due to the runny consistency, I find that the product very easily overflows as mentioned in “packaging”. It is extremely light and thin, definitely perfect for someone who wants a natural coverage.



Product:
This concealer dries quarter-matte but had no power in controlling oil, therefore it is necessary for an individual to use powder or a setting spray if you do not like the “glowy” look. The product is very breathable and flexible, with transfer a minimum possibility. 

Even though this is an undereye concealer, I find that this product also works well on acnes, redness or discolouration. I have light red acne scarring which is concealed well with this product, it could possibility conceal my redness better than my dark circles. Also, I have very thin eyelid skin, leading to my veins being easily visible when I close them and this concealer does a wonderful job at hiding the discolouration in that area.

The staying powder is very good for a product with no oil controlling power, lasting on average a school day at around 6 hours. After that, reapplication is necessary.

The product also does not build up under my eyes because it has a moisturising runny base. 

It dries and sets quickly.

Results:




Who would love it?
Individuals who are looking for a natural concealer with medium staying powder and little transfer.

Who would hate it?
Individuals who are looking for a heavy duty concealer with maximum staying power.

Overall in my opinion, this concealer works well as an everyday product. Retailing at AUD$9, I do recommend this product if you are starting out.