Clio Waterproof Brush Liner in Kill Black 01 Review + Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner Comparison

There has always been a Clio Waterproof Brush Liner vs KOJI Dolly Wink Eyeliner debate and as curiousity overwhelmed me, I couldn't help but purchase the Clio to compare the two. If you have seen my review on the Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner, you'll know that I am a huge fan of liquid eyeliners and love that product a lot.

I am a liquid eyeliner girl who converted from gel eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner is much easier to use, sets faster, lasts longer and is better for travel. Before you'll have gel eyeliners in individual pots with a separate brush making on the go touch ups a hassle, but nowadays you can get gel eyeliner in a click form eyeliner. Very interesting isn't it?

The Clio Waterproof Brush Liner was known to be the 'Lee Hyori' liner, however Sandara Park from 2NE1 is the current Clio ambassador. The liner kit includes the liner and a free O'Tank Volume mascara. I have tried it, and it is nothing extraordinary. No volume, just darkens the lashes but doesn't smudge.







An interesting note: Clio actually says that you can use this liner as an eyebrow product as well. It might seem silly but I have tried it and it actually does work. However it'll probably be better with the brown shade.


In comparison to the KOJI Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner, Clio gives a blacker line. But everything else is pretty similar. Both liners have a 'little ball' shaker inside for the product to distribute better, both have fine brush tips and both last a very long time without smudging.

I have used both liners for a very long time and the only time it has smudged was when my eyelid touched the drawn liner before it dried. Both liners have no problem staying on my oily lids for 12+ hours. The Clio liner can last through a concert (mosh pit) and a work shift in hot weather conditions with no problem.


One difference is that the KOJI Dolly Wink Eyeliner cap is a normal place on cap while the Clio has an 'elastic-like' mechanism (that covers the tip) to keep the liner from drying quickly. It's hard to explain but the cap doesn't feel as flimsy or cheap as the Dolly Wink.



The tips of the Clio and Dolly Wink liquid Eyeliner are very similar. As you can see above, the fine brush allows you total control of the application. You can have a thin or thick stroke. Also the tip is very flexible, perfect for doing a cat eye! (Flexibility is demonstrated by the wiggly stroke). Even though it is flexible, it is not flimsy and has retained its sharp tip since my first use.

Please excuse the mole on my lids ^^ I also have very thin skin surrounding my eyes hence the visibility of my veins

This is how I usually do my eyeliner, with a slight wing at the end. Eyeliner application is made easy with liquid eyeliner!

Both eyeliners are great. The Clio gives a darker black line (DW seems to have a slight brown tint), lasts for 12+ hours, doesn't smudge (unless you actually smudge it with your hands) and is waterproof. This eyeliner will last in the rain, unless you are actually dancing in it and deliberately washing your face with the rain. Take your ordinary precautions.

The only downside to the Clio liner is that last week, the colour payoff seemed to have dwindled and dried. However continuous shaking helped the flow of the product and it is fine again.

*UPDATE: The Clio liquid liner seems to have problems with getting product to the fine tip. Sometimes it works fine and I can get a well pigmented line, but other times it doesn't. From all the reviews I have read, it seems like it's a rare case*

I forgot how much I bought the Clio waterproof brush liner for but the average price on eBay is around AUD$14. The KOJI Dolly Wink Liner is slightly more expensive.

Where can you buy this product? 
 'Use code: 04161007 and get $5 off on an order of at least $30!'

Both liners are great but my personal favourite is the KOJI Dolly Wink liner. Read my Dolly Wink Liner review here.

Until next time, annyeong~

Any questions about the product? Feel free to leave a comment or message me. I will reply in less than 24 hours ^^

*post not sponsored, all content is my own