Tony Moly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow in 02 Dark Brown Review

 Review of Tony Moly's 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow

Eyebrows are extremely important in framing the face but can be tedious to do. Tony Moly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow claims to give you the comfort of knowing you actually have eyebrows for 7 days without touching up.

More and more people are getting their eyebrows tattooed because it saves them time in the morning. However in the first week or so, your eyebrows look extremely dark from the dye and you have to wait for the colour to fade before it looks more natural. With this Tony Moly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow, it allows you to apply and go quickly. Let's see if this product lives up to those claims.

{written as a contribution to ibuybeauti's blogging platform Beautifan}




Packaging:

 The TonyMoly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow is in a very slim dark brown packaging, reminiscent of liquid eyeliners. The cap makes an audible click when placed on properly and when you open it. The extra leverage on the pen-like packaging helps keep the product from drying.


If you look extremely carefully, taking in its' every detail, you'll notice that they spell the word 'tattoo' wrongly. This product is not new at all so I'm surprised they haven't fixed up the spelling.. unless they haven't been told it is wrong.

The brush tip is fine, looking very similar to the Clio and KOJI Dolly Wink liquid liners which I reviewed previously. Fine thin tips allow the user to draw and mimic the little eyebrow hairs to give a softer and more natural look to your brows. This is extremely helpful for me because I ended up overplucking the front of the eyebrows.

Colour:


 02 Dark Brown looks exactly the same as the packaging of the product. The simple and concise shade name leaves no questions wondering, it truly is a dark brown during the initial application.



Formula:


The formula is more runny than I anticipated. Most probably because it looks like a liquid liner and I was expecting the same opaque strokes. However because this is an eyebrow product, the light watery formula makes sure you do not draw your brows in too dark. It is also most probably why it can stay on for longer, because the product 'sinks' into your skin.

Scent:

Smells like texta if you sniff very closely to the tip. Other than that, when applying you cannot smell the scent at all.

Lasting Time:

Before I discuss my results, I want to talk about the product itself excluding the 7 DAYS label. This eyebrow product is so extremely hard to remove. When applying this, you are supposed to wait for a short while for the product to stay on your brows. Once it has dried, I am not kidding you when I say even the toughest cleanser or makeup remover cannot 100% remove it off. I tested the TonyMoly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow on one brow firstly to check the shade and when I tried to remove it using my DHC Cleansing Oil, Bioderma Cleansing Water and Artistry Eye and Lip Makeup Remover, it just would not completely rub off. You can see it in the first eye collage under the Colour header. You can see a tinge of brown in my 'before' picture. 

However if you were to apply it and then quickly remove it, it rubs off more easily.


My results are somewhat lackluster. I have black, dark brown in the sun, hair meaning I need a dark eyebrow product to make my face look right. Day 1 was great, the initial application came off as a strong dark brown perfect for individual with darker hair colours like mine. However Day 2 was disappointing. After cleansing my face normally, while half heartedly avoiding the immediate brow area, the colour fades to a light brown, almost blonde shade. Now this looks absolutely silly on someone with black hair, especially since the front of my brows are non-existent. The look is still salvageable with eyebrow gel over this, but that defeats the purpose of a 7 DAYS tattoo eyebrow product. 

The colour is completely gone in DAY 5. It doesn't completely make it to 7 days.

But if you are someone with a lighter hair colour or have full brows, this product is still very good. It just looks silly on me because I have to physically draw and shape my eyebrows in. 

Tips:


Remember to apply eyebrow gel to make sure your brow hairs match the colour of your eyebrow pencil or base. Here I used the Etude House Color My Brows in Rich Brown over the Tony Moly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow.

Do I recommend this?

If you are like me with black hair and semi non-existent brows, I do not recommend this. The colour fades to a light brown/blonde that looks almost silly without drawing them in again. 

But if you have a lighter hair colour and full brows, the product will fade more forgivingly so you can definitely give this a try if you are lazy with your brow drawing. For an affordable price, this product is worth trying. However this does mean it will run out quickly, making it not a very good investment product. 

Where did I get this?

From ibuybeauti, the TonyMoly 7 DAYS Tattoo Eyebrow costs US$5.20.

In semi-related news, congratulations to 4Minute's Hyuna for being appointed the new model for TonyMoly.

And that concludes my reviews for 2014! I'll be in Seoul in 2 days time and will be back in 2015.

I wish everyone a prosperous 2015 and for you to achieve the goals you desire. Life is short, way too short for you to play the game safely. However this is not an invitation to wreak havoc, do use my words with discretion.

Hopefully 2015 will be an even bigger year for me as I will hopefully enter university. I have plans to expand to YouTube but I'm currently at a loss of how.

Anyways, wishing everyone the best and to love your friends and family. And most importantly, yourself.

Until next time, annyeong~

{Feel free to follow my Instagram and Twitter for my trip updates}

*all posts and content are my own
*product sent to me by ibuybeauti for review for their blogging platform Beautifan. You are welcome to add your reviews there as well