Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Review: ATRUE Real Black Tea True Active CC Cushion


I have just realised that I have never ever reviewed cushion makeup before which is shocking considering it has been around since early 2012. I own multiple BB cushions but this is my first tine trying a CC cushion. Let's see how my experience turns out!



What is it?

Brand: ATRUE Cosmetics
Name: ATRUE Real Black Tea True Active CC Cushion
Type: Makeup Cushion / Face Makeup
Shade: 02 True Beige
Size: 12g (but comes with refill so another 12g in total!)
Price: US$38.00

This CC Cushion utilizes a formula that benefits from a foundation which holds multiple functions that help rejuvenate and illuminate the skin tone. Such features help maintain the skin’s overall brightness and transparency. (taken from ibuybeauti)

The main difference between CC cream/cushion and BB cream/cushion is that CC has lighter coverage as it focuses more on skincare. 




Atrue's high performance cosmetics and skincare features one key ingredient: TEA! See my review on the ATRUE Starter Kit here.

It is very light and slim, perfect to put in your bag for touch ups through out the day. The sleek dark burgundy/maroon plastice case holds inside a standard cushion applicator and a mirror. The cushion sponge is slightly smaller in size compared to the HERA UV Mist Cushion. 

There is a protective plastic cover that keeps the cushion moist and the applicator sponge in place. 





Cushion makeup is basically a 'cushion soaked in makeup'. You press on the cushion for the liquid makeup to be transferred onto the applicator sponge. Then in patting motions, you apply the makeup. Do not sweep the sponge across as that won't allow you the experience the best effect. If you do, skin can end up looking flaky and dry. 


There are two shades for the ATRUE Real Black Tea True Active CC Cushion. I have the darkest one in 02 True Beige and from the photo above, you can tell that it is still incredibly light. It is similar to the Hera UV Mist Cushion in C21 and a little darker than TonyMoly's BCDATION. 

If you are a shade NC/ NW25 + I do not recommend this product as it will definitely be too light. However you can definitely use it with bronzer/contour to even out the skin tone.


The coverage is medium at its' best. One application gives a light-medium coverage that I am definitely taking a liking to these days. For your information, I am trying to wear less/no face makeup / convert to CC cream. It covers redness really well but pigmentation and dark spots can still be seen. Dark eye circles will need extra coverage.

ICK Clara Grey lenses review here

I am around NC20 and the second shade is still too light for me. But I really like the finish so I have been trying to balance it out with blush and some light contour. 

Do I recommend it?

For a product that is around US$38.00 I would have expected no less. It gives a natural finish (not glossy or matte) and lasts the whole day, around 10 hours. The formula is light, perfect for both the extremes of seasons: winter and summer. 

I have not tried many CC creams, in fact the only one I have used before is The Face Shop Aqua CC Cream which I love! The ATRUE Real Black Tea True Active CC Cushion does have more coverage though.

Until next time, annyeong!

*all content are my own personal opinion
*product sent for review


YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.