Review: Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask

The Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask is definitely a cult favourite amongst beauty bloggers. Along side the Skinfood Rice Wash Off Mask, these two are a must-try from Skinfood.


 The tub has a screw on lid to make sure the contents do not dry out or become contaminated. Packaging is completely made out of sturdy hard plastic. The top of the mask saying "Skinfood Black Sugar Mask -" is actually a sticker.


 Rather than smelling like pure sugar, it smells like lemon soap. It is a citrus-scent you mostly get with body care products. And true to the star ingredient in this mask, it does become incredibly sticky if you do not wash your hands after. Two years back I made the stupid decision of 'swatching' this product when I was out shopping before I realised that oh wait, I cannot wash my hands.


 Sugar granules are not at all abrasive, but mind you I have combination skin. If you are looking for a really gentle alternative, you can try the Rice Wash Off Mask. The scrub dissolves the longer you massage it into your skin.


This is an exfoliating mask that you leave on for 20 or so minutes before you rinse off. What I like to do is to massage my face with the sugar mask for around 5 minutes, leave it on for 20 and then rinse off in the shower with warm water.

The result?

BEFORE


AFTER


Skin feels softer and looks brighter. Skin texture is more refined and skincare products are quicker to absorb. The affects will last long-term after repeated use. Blackheads and pores do not disappear after one use and require intensive care. All in all, I do like this scrub very much. I did not break out from this or had any adverse side effects.

If your skin can handle sugar exfoliation, I am sure you would like this product as well. It saves you the trouble of mixing your own scrub.


Until next time, annyeong~

*product sent by jolse for review
*all content are my own