Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Review: Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

The Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder was recommended by my friend so I thought I would try it out. I rarely use powder, but when I do I use pressed powder. Pressed powder and loose powder do have different finishes so I am pleasantly surprised by my first loose powder experience.



The packaging is bulky, large and not at all suitable for on-the-go touch ups. Unless you want to risk finding everything in your bag covered in white powder. It isn't heavy as the container is made of plastic that mimics the feel and touch of wood.

When it first arrived, the packaging was protected with a layer of plastic (as seen above) which luckily for me, prevented a catastrophe.

Skinfood is a unique brand that focuses on 'food therapy' where they infuse beauty products with natural ingredients that is good for the skin. This Peach Sake powder smells similar to peach sake, that is not at all overwhelming.



The distinct difference between pressed powder and loose powder is in its' form. Pressed is solidified and set in a pan before added into the outer pact, whereas loose powder is incredibly messier. 

Loose powders will always include a puff for you to use but it gets messy very quickly. You can always use a powder brush instead, the outcome will be the same.



There is a sticker blocking the powder from coming out of the designated holes... I wish it did a better job at it.

I use the powder by tipping it upside down (WITH THE PUFF) so the product is transferred onto the applicator. I made a terrible mistake of removing the puff too quickly before I set the powder down so it resulted in a powder bomb on my bedroom floor.

But the finish given by this loose powder is exactly as described, silky. With pressed powders, it is very hard to achieve the pore-less silky finish so I was definitely impressed.

Results:

My skin has been horrible lately.. No editing done except for controlled lighting.
It brightens up the skin and gives an airbrushed finish. Shine is minimized, but the effects do not last as long as I would have hoped. Pressed powder is better at controlling shine and oils. After 3 hours, you will need to touch up.

Skin feels softer to the touch and pores are minimized. One problem I had with pressed powder is that it sometimes emphasises dryness but this product doesn't. It can look a little 'cakey' but settles down naturally.

Powder has the longest shelf-life compared to other makeup products so finding one you really like is a worthy investment.

If this product is to your liking, get yours now at Jolse for US$11.98. 

I hope you enjoyed this quick review!

See you lovelies next time, annyeong~

*product sponsored by jolse
*all content are my own
*I've been experimenting with different review styles. Do you like posts with headings or does it not matter? ^^
YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.