Friday, 8 May 2015

Review: Irresistible Me Hair Extensions (Silky Natural Black #1B)


I am sure that I am not the only person who adores both short and long hair.

When I have long hair, I always want short. When I have short hair, I always want it long.

As most of you know, I cut my hair above my shoulders in December 2014 when I was in Seoul, South Korea. Short hair feels great! But there aren't as much styling options.

So I decided to try my first ever hair extensions, sent to me by Irresistible Me. This post was not paid for.


 Shipping: 22/04/15 - 27/04/15

Shipping (FedEx) was incredibly fast and I was able to track the exact locations of my package, and at what time it was checked. It gives me a peace of mind knowing my package won't be lost during transit.

Irresistible Me is based in New York but their extensions were shipped from Qingdao China.


 The box suffered some damaged during transit but the product was unharmed.

 I received the Silky Natural Black #1B extensions at 20 inches 200 gram. The current price for these extensions are US$151 and they offer free shipping above $150.

Their clip-in hair extensions are made of 100% natural Remy hair.

They have the Silky Touch and Royal Remy hair extensions ranges, with the Royal Remy being their deluxe kinds.


 What I love about this packaging is that you get a sample hair extension to let you figure out if the shade is correct for you. If it is not, you can safely return it and swap for a different shade. Just make sure not to open the side with the full hair extensions as then you will not be able to return it.


 My natural hair colour is a mix of black and brown. In the sun, my hair looks dark chocolate while artificial lighting makes mine look black brown. I had a lot of trouble deciding which shade to go for.. Luckily they have an instructional video that compares the different shades for you!

I think I went for the right choice, even though it is noticeably darker than my natural hair colour. But because these hair extensions can be dyed!


Pictured here, I have almost the full 200 grams clipped in my hair. Even though these are my first hair extensions, they did not feel heavy at all. However, they do give your hair a flat appearance when left unstyled.

There is a distinct difference between my real hair and the extensions, as my hair has been bluntly cut. If you have layers, it will look more natural.

The hair extensions did not arrive with any faults or foul-smelling odours. What thing I did notice is the shedding that occurs. Due to the fact that these are my first ever hair extensions, I cannot compare them to any other brands and give an accurate judgement on whether the amount of shedding exceeds normality.

I notice slight shedding when worn. I can tell because my hair is fairly shorter than the hair extensions. When brushed, it also sheds. However not an alarming amount.



All in all, my experience with Irresistable Me hair extensions was great! The product was shipped quickly and arrived at my doorstep in only 5 days.

The hair was easy to brush (but also easy to tangle) and the length at 20 inches ends at my waist.

They were kind enough to give me my own discount code for everyone who is interested!

Use code "IrresistibleYoonyee" for 10% off!


However they currently have a 20% off sale so get in quick!

Check out the Silky Touch hair extensions range here.

Until next time, annyeong~



YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.