Review: TonyMoly Backstage Gel Eyeliner 02 BROWN



TonyMoly Backstage Eyeliner review



My first ever proper eyeliner was the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. I fell in love with it and recommended it to all my friends. It stayed miraculously well and was easy to use, especially for a beginner makeup learner like me at that time.

But after a while, I converted into a liquid liner user and have been happily using it for a good few years! The Koji Dolly Wink liquid liner is my holy grail and the review can be seen here where I compare this Japanese favourite to a well known Korean dupe: the Clio Waterproof Pen Liner.

However with the immensely good reviews about the TonyMoly Backstage Gel eyeliner, I decided to hop on the gel eyeliner wagon again. This is my first brown gel liner.

Let’s get on with the review! 



Packaging:

Two things that bothered me about gel liners were:
  1. ·         My tendency to lose the liner brush
  2. ·         The need to clean the brush after each use

However the TonyMoly Backstage Gel Eyeliner has an attached gel liner brush that is disguised as the handle! Just pop it off and you get a decently sized and shaped brush. I personally do not like small or tall brush liners and this is a medium sized one. The attached/hidden brush makes it easier for on-the-go application! And you won’t lose the brush either.

After you pop open the brush, twist the cap and you are welcomed by the brown gel.

The packaging is completely plastic and light so it will not break if you drop it. The cap is also strong and can be twisted on tight, minimising the chances of your gel liner drying out. 




Consistency:

Gel liners are extremely creamy and smooth to use. Not drying at all.



Colour:




02 Brown is a dark brown shade in the pot but transfers lighter on the eyes. No glitters, completely matte. They do have glitter shades in the range if you are looking for a more unique look.



Formula:

The formula is smooth and the gel liner glides on like a dream. It is very easy to draw on your desired liner style.

There is one problem with this liner, and that is the drying time. If you open your eyes fully when the gel liner has not dried yet, you will get a printed line on your top lid. So then you have to remove it. This was a common problem with my Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner as well.

The TonyMoly backstage gel liner is easy to remove with any makeup removers and cleanser. It isn’t stubborn like some waterproof mascaras. (*cough* Majolica Marjorca)

The lasting time is all day! It does transfer and smudge lightly on the top lid but does not completely ruin the look. However I do want to add that I use eye primer with my makeup. It just works better for my eyeshadow and eyeliner no matter how good the pigmentation or lasting time is of the actual product.



Scent:

No scent!

Overall:

You get 4 grams of product for a price of $8.98 at CosmeticJolse. Also gel liners last extremely long, granted it has not dried out from improper storage. Remember to close it well and keep it upside down.

I give the TonyMoly Backstage Gel Eyeliner 4 and a half stars out of 5!

Until next time, annyeong~

*product sent by jolse for review
*all content are my own, not paid