Sunday, 26 July 2015

Aritaum Sugarball Velvet Blusher Review (#4 Peach Crush)




Hello lovelies~ I'm back with a Aritaum Sugarball Velvet Blusher review. I have reviewed a number of Aritaum products and none of them have disappointed me so far. Let's get started with the review of this new Sugarball Velvet Blusher range by Aritaum!

More information:
Brand: Aritaum
Name: Sugarball Velvet Blusher
Colour: #4 Peach Crush
Size: 8 grams
Price: US$9.98 from Jolse



 Very simple packaging as it is a powder blush in a pact form. The top 'lid' corresponds to the shade you purchased and in my case, it is #4 Peach Crush. The bottom level is black. There are four shades in the Sugar Ball Velvet Blusher range and Peach Crush is the 'darkest' one. The Aritaum Sugarball Velvet Blusher range also includes a cream blush.

The word 'Velvet' is printed with a holographic foil-esque material which gives it a lovely touch.


Included in the blusher is a small brush that I have not used. It is too thin and the bristles are not dense enough for me. However the hairs are quite soft and could be a great way for a light or heavy application depending on which direction you use it.



 The above photos make the blush look orange but I assure you that it is not. It's a gorgeous peach pink colour with very fine gold glitter specs. When I first swatched it on my finger it reminded me a lot of NARS Orgasm blush. However this blush does not have as much glitter as NARS Orgasm and applies slightly different on the cheeks. Looking at the pan, you can't see the glitter at all!



 On the skin, the blush looks very natural as the glitter flex does not transfer onto the face. I like to apply the Aritaum Sugarball Velvet Blusher using my Real Techniques Blusher brush. In the below swatch, it is the result of 3 heavy swatches! If you like blushers which look natural, but is versatily and easily buildable, this is the one for you. It is definitely more pigmented than the Etude House Lovely Cookie blushers (reviewed here) if you wanted a comparison.

For daily wear, I swirl my brush 2 times around the pan and then lightly dust below my eyes to make me look bright and awake. This has been my go-to blusher recently and blends beautifully. Perfect for when you are in a hurry as cream blushers take a while to blend. And the shade is so forgiving even if you are heavy handed.

The texture of the powder is incredibly fine and does not make the skin dry at all. Wear time is average, around 5 hours.



Until next time, annyeong~
YOONYEE © . Design by FCD.