Review: Rimmel London Lasting Finish Kate Moss Nude Lipstick Collection



The Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick collections are by far my favourite drugstore lipsticks. I love both the Lasting Finish and Lasting Finish Matte collections. Fact: My favourite lipstick of all time is the Rimmel London Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipstick in shade 19, which has sadly been discontinued, but was lucky enough to snag one more on eBay.

So when Rimmel London launched their Kate Moss Nude lipstick collection, I knew I just had to try them.

 Brand: Rimmel London
Name: Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Nude
Shades: 5 shades available - 40, 42, 43, 45, 48
Finish: Lustre/Normal
Price: AUD$12.95
Size:  4g, 0.14oz.
Where to buy: Priceline, Chemist Warehouse, Woolworths, Big W, Coles, My Chemist



The Rimmel London Kate Moss Nude lipsticks are packaged in a light pink (think strawberry milk) lipstick casing. The same as their regular Kate Moss lipsticks with the signature print except now there is a silver ring that bears the Rimmel London brand engraving. 





In Australia, there are 5 available shades: 40, 42, 43, 45, 48.








Shade 40: A cool tone (slightly) salmon pink nude lipstick. Reminiscent of the concealer lipstick look, and using my mum's words "makes me look like a sick patient". I have a light skintone (NC15-20) and this is not flattering at all. Looks orange when swatched but does appear so on the lips. When blended out, it does remind me a lot of my natural pale lip colour.

Shade 42: A neutral light pink nude, with a hint of brown tone. There seems to be a heavy brown tone in the swatches provided but when applied on the lips, it transfers quite ordinarily. 

Shade 43: The perfect nude brown for me. The shade 43 swatches look very orange but is truly a brown nude. It feels neutral yet leans lightly on the warm side, perfect for many skin tones. This shade has an extremely smooth application and is my second favourite out of the range.

Shade 45: Shade 45 looks similar to 42 at first glance but this one is a pure pink nude, basically what barbie pink would look like at a job interview. Its a very demure and elegant nude lipstick, perfect for those who are just venturing into the realm of the nudes. Extremely forgiving and versatile for day and work makeup. Tie second with Shade 43 in my favourite shades.

Shade 48: Then lastly we have 48 looking quite like the odd one out of the bunch. It reminds me a lot of MAC Whirl (aka the Kylie Jenner lipstick) through online swatch observations. This purple brown lipstick is perfect for fall and not at all as scary as it might seem. Its not outrageously bold nor safe, and I can picture myself wearing this to uni without being subconscious. For a cheap dupe lipstick for the Kylie Jenner look, this is definitely the go-to option. As always you can mix this shade with another colour to tone it down a notch. I recommend this shade to everybody! My favourite out of the range.




In general the formula is moisturising and provide a smooth application with slight shine. It lasts an average 5 hours, even while drinking! (though the lighter the shade, the quicker it will fade). Most of the shades in the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Kate Moss Nude collection are quite safe and seem easily dupe-able but is a great starting foundation for a nude lipstick collection. Hoping to see more shades to come!

*this blog post contains pr samples (disclaimer at bottom of blog)